Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday Morning Blues

It's another Monday morning, again, and I'm at work, again. Crib, whine, grumble.

I'm trying to ease the pain by listening to Corinne Bailey Rae, recommended by my friend with the new york syndrome.

In related news, I plan to take up the saxophone. I've been fascinated by the sax for years and have always wanted to learn. I'm going to take the first step next week. This idea got re-invigorated after I saw a Simpsons episode called Moanin' Lisa about Lisa and her sax. Then, immediately after I made the call last night to enquire about sax classes and set up the date for next week, the first song that played on my Winamp that had my entire music collection and was on shuffle was Moanin' Lisa Blues, replete with a line right in the middle that goes "The saxophone's my best friend". And I knew it was a sign. It had to be. I'd like it to be.

In unrelated news, I'm writing a novel this month, courtesy NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I have to do 50,000 words in one month. So far, I'm pretty much on course. Of course, this will affect my blog the most, so don't expect major contributions this month to ragsrags.

And finally, I'm going home this Diwali. There's also a driving trip in the offing once I get home. So this weekend ought to be a great one.

3 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

I don't know if I have told you enough, but I adore people who can write...well.

I am so glad you have taken it up in full spirit. It'll be great for you to go over your collection of writings from a 20 something to a more mature writer someday. You can see your work progress that way. Just keep writing...

Karthik Narayanaswamy said...

So I forgot to ask ... whatever came from NanoWriMo? Did you manage to get something together?

Rags said...

@ carpe diem:
I adore people who adore me :)

@ karthik:
Well, I went at it full steam for about a week, got to 10,000 words and then lost steam. I plan to restart writing very soon though.