Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Substance

So often, we get so caught up with the defining moments of our lives, the snapshots that will make it to our memoirs if and when we become rich and famous, that we very often tend to leave out the little details that complete our lives and give those snapshots the background, the substance that they need in order to be whole. So I'm going to take some time out and de-focus on the stars and focus on the extras.

I'm getting heavily into theatre here in Delhi, maybe a little too heavily. I'm acting in a play and I'm helping write and conceptualise another. The first scares the living daylights out of me, simply because it's going nowhere, and I've given them money! The second's a little better though and promises to get much better.

I've been trying to get tickets for Sivaji: The Boss since its release, but to no avail.

There are a couple of events happening this week, Friday and Saturday. They'll be good shows. Friday - Shiv Kumar Sharma and Rahul Sharma. Saturday - Taufiq Qureshi. It'll be my first events since I joined Music Today, and I'm looking forward to them.

I've changed my blog's appearance. Of course, that change brought about a whole host of other changes. All my ads that I had so painstakingly placed so aesthetically have disappeared. I guess it's for the best. I'm not putting them back on. My blog was, is and will always be sacrosanct. Also, the change has made me realise how little I've been writing. My blog posts suddenly seem so tiny. Must write longer posts. Must bore living daylights out of readers.

P.S.: If you thought this post was about mind-altering substances, you're right. Hasn't this post altered your mind?

1 comment:

Su said...

It has'nt but you write well.