Friday, February 23, 2007

It's Been A While

It's been a while since my last soul-bearing confession, also known as a post. A lot has transpired in between. I've gotten placed, which basically means that I'll be leaving this place with a job (that puts me on to the path of a career, I hope). I'm going to be working with Music Today, a division of the India Today group, at Delhi. That's right. South Indian me is going to live in Delhi. I just visited Delhi last week for the very first time. It was a fleeting trip that offered nothing more than a fleeting glimpse of the city, but I liked what I saw.

I'm also starting to accept that maybe love is blinding. That is a long story that requires a beginning, and I don't know where to start. I've been repenting a lot, mostly in the area of relationships. I'm starting to realise, perhaps a tad late, that I'm not a know-it-all.

I'm missing Bangalore a lot. Everything is reminding me of the city, and I know I'm in love with Bangalore. Much like a woman, what say?

Quite a growing up phase, eh? Usually happens at the cusp of a major life-changing event. I'm guessing that there will be even more growing up when I go to live, quite possibly alone, and work in Delhi.

Ah, my past. How I miss thee, even though thou art not perfect!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how startlingly honest you can be at times.

Love,
Kanishk

mekkanikal said...

I've been reading your blogs for the longest of time! I really don't remember how I ended up at your page, but I do visit it once in awhile and hog all your posts! and I had to register to blogspot today and leave a comment here.
Keep Posting!

Cheers
Kanika

p.s. I am from delhi too but residing in aus, I can imagine how bad you must be missing your hometown. Home is where heart is or heart is where home is. That quote still confuses me. Oops . This is too long for a "p.s." *stops typing*
see ya