Friday, November 10, 2006

My Shadow And I

I see my shadow stretching out in front of me
Infinite like the Daddy Long Legs that I am
Existent because of the light source behind me
A frizzly mop topping a stick frame
But what is worrisome is not my shadow
But what lies beside it - nothing
Vast expanses flanking either side of my shadow
In a world it was never meant to be in
Never wanted to be in
And as my shadow slowly slinks into the darkness
That lies ahead on my path, my future
I crave for the smile, the kiss,
The real love that only a significant other can give

2 comments:

Su said...

Awwww. I love the part where you mentioned not really fitting into the world. Something like Don Mc Lean sang for Van Gogh in the Vincent song.

' the world was never meant for one as beautiful as you'.

Van Gogh killed himself cos he believe noone really understood him

JLS said...

u mentioned...."daddy long legs!!!"-one of my fav books...reminds me of the convent days wen i use to snuggle up reading behind the mahogany shelves sipping hot chocolate...