Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Closing Chapters

It's hard to close chapters and keep them closed, even if you are the one who initiated the closing. Some chapters just refuse to get closed. Why? Is it because the chapter's not finished and you are attempting to close it prematurely? Or is it because somebody else has opened the chapter that you have not yet been able to close? So many philosophies and only one reality: the chapter that I/we was/were once scripting is now being scripted by somebody else. And although he may be writing in a different way and has not taken my place, I am sure (atleast I still remain unique), the truth is he/they are now scripting the chapter left unfinished by me. I ought to have finished that chapter. Now I repent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to close certain chapters in your life, especially if those chapters meant something to you while you were still scripting them. That is possibly a reason why they refuse to get closed; there is so much feeling and so many memories still associated with them in your mind.
Life is ephemeral. You owe it to yourself to explain to those concerned, why you left certain chapters uninfinished. For your own peace of mind if nothing else.