Tuesday, June 06, 2006

An Ode To Nature

This is a poem I wrote a few years ago. I still regard it as one of the best works I have ever produced. It's my favourite.

An Ode To Nature

I step out
The wind gently pats my cheek
The soft rain slowly moistens my hair
I look up
The rain gently washes my eyelids
And hangs off my lashes
Like dew drops glistening in the early morning sun
I walk around
Sucking in large lungfuls of beautiful, quiet air
Purified by the love of Mother Nature
My fellow-beings are long gone
They do not appreciate your splendour
But I do
I appreciate every single nuance you enrich this world with
Every single smell you have to offer
Every nook, every cranny
I appreciate you, Mother
Every movement you make
Every noise you whisper
Every leaf you tingle
Every puddle you ripple
Leaves me with an intoxicating feeling of freshness
In a moment's inspiration
I have worded my feelings
In actuality though
I have worded your grandeur
I have worded your glorious past
Your breath-taking present
Your eternal future
I have worded you, Mother Nature

No comments: